Pizza - Vegetarian
Chef Yasser Bacillus demonstrates how to make vegetarian pizza.
Pizza - Vegetarian
150ml olive oil
2 cups water
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon yeast
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 clove of garlic
3 leaves of basil
2 teaspoons of oregano
1 1/2 cups of ground tomato
1 1/3 cups of pizza sauce
3 teaspoons of parmesan cheese
1. Melt the butter on medium heat. Add it to a mixing bowl along with warm water, oil, milk, baking powder, yeast and salt. Mix it together for 5 minutes.
2. Add the flour to the mixer a little at a time. Mix everything together and then cover the dough with plastic wrap and keep it at room temperature for an hour.
3. Put the dough in the refrigerator for 3 hours. Put it on the counter with a little flour and shape the dough into pizzas with your hands.
4. To make the pizza sauce, mix the ground tomato, pizza sauce, crushed garlic, basil, oregano, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl. Mix all of the ingredients together.
5. To make a vegetarian pizza, spread the sauce on the dough and then put mozzarella cheese on top. Cut up the red onion, green pepper, mushrooms and tomatos and place them on top of the cheese. Finish with the black olives. Place the pizza in the oven for 10-14 minutes at 450 degrees.
6. To make a combination pizza, spread the sauce on the dough and then put mozzarella cheese on top. Add ham, pineapple and ricotta cheese to 1/4 of the pizza. Add pepperoni, ham, sausage and meatball to another 1/4 of the pizza. Add tomato, artichoke, roasted pepper and mushroom to the third 1/4 of the pizza. Let the final quarter be cheese. Place the combination pizza in the oven for 12-14 minutes at 450 degrees.
7. To make a white pizza, spread olive oil, crushed garlic, butter and oregano on the dough. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Place the pizza in the oven for 12-14 minutes at 150 degrees.
Hi, this is Adjani (ph) from Deli Italiano. We made that pizza right now, the dough here, pizza sauce beside me, and we made vegetarian pizza right now. I have tomato, I have red onion, I have the green pepper, black olives and the fresh mushroom, and this is the mozzarella cheese, this is, you buy it from any store, mozzarella. We start, I put the pizza sauce, I put it and made it like circle, like this, bigger, bigger, now the pizza sauce, okay? After I put little mozzarella like this, some people like extra cheese, some people like light cheese. Okay, I put red onion, green pepper, fresh mushroom, tomato, chopped tomato; thin, okay? Right now I put cheese, after I like to put the black olives on the top and thats black olives.
Okay, right now the pizza ready. I start the oven, 450 degree, that's right now, oh, very hot. I put the pizza, now I put the pizza in the oven, I don't know exactly how much take time, maybe 10 minutes, maybe 14 minutes, but every time I watch the pizza. I keep my eyes open. Right now I check about pizza and starting I see the crust brown, once the crust is brown; the pizza is done, like this, that's done, okay? I want right now cut it, If I want, if we have children I cut it small slices, I make two, like this smaller, that's pizza. Right now the pizza done, looks gorgeous, it's ready to eat.