Salmon En Croute with Goat Cheese and Spinach
Ingredients1.5 pound fresh spinach
½ stick butter
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbs. garlic, fresh, chopped
1 pound goat cheese
1 side fresh salmon
2 packages Puff Pastry
Juice of 1 lemon
½ cup water
Instructions1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the butter and garlic. Once the butter is melted and hot, add the spinach and sauté until the spinach is wilted. Add salt and pepper to season. Place the sautéed spinach over a china cap and allow the excess liquid to drain.
2. Place two sheets of the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Use a rolling pin to lightly roll the two puff pastry sheets together.
3. Line the spinach down the center of the puff pastry.
4. Cut the goat cheese thin and place on top of the spinach.
5. Place the salmon on top of the goat cheese layer.
6. Sprinkle the salmon with the lemon juice and then lightly with salt and pepper.
7. Combine the egg and water. Whisk together. Brush the egg wash on the puff pastry surrounding the salmon.
8. On a floured surface, roll out more puff pastry. Lay the second puff pastry on top of the salmon and press down surrounding the salmon.
9. Trim the excess puff pastry. You can use this for garnish.
10. Brush the top with the egg wash.
11. Place the salmon en croute in the oven and bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes.