Pizza - How to Make Sauce with Canned Tomatoes
1 lb Flour
10 oz Water
1 tsp Yeast
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Oil
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Garlic
1/2 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Parsley
1 tsp Honey (optional)
1. Dump the flour on the counter and create a well in the center. Pour in water that is 100 degrees F.
2. Sprinkle the yeast on top and mix the yeast into the water. Let it sit for a few minutes.
3. Add the oil and salt and mix them into the water and the yeast.
4. Gently mix the flour into the yeast mixture.
5. Start kneading the dough. Take a portion of the dough that's farthest away, and fold it over the front portion and then push away with the heel of your hand. Knead for about 10 minutes or until you have a nice smooth dough.
6. Put the dough to rise in a bowl, cover it with a little plastic or a tea towel and leave it out to rise. It will take about two to three hours or you can refrigerate the dough and let it go overnight.
7. When the dough has finished rising, put some flour down on the counter and take the dough out of the bowl. Knead the dough and then cut pieces of the pizza dough into even size pieces and shape it into balls.
8. Put the dough balls onto a floured flat surface, like a plate, and then cover it and let it rise for another hour or so.
9. Flatten the dough and press all of the air out of the pizza and then take a rolling pin and roll it and turn it and roll it again until the dough is flattened.
10. For the tomato sauce, cook the oregano and the garlic for a minute. Dice five medium size peeled and seeded tomatoes. Add them to the pan and let the sauce cook for 5 minutes. Add the salt and parsley to finish the sauce.
11. Put the tomato sauce onto the pizza dough as well as any additional toppings.
12. Turn your oven to its highest setting and place the pizza on a pizza stone or preheated pan to simulate a wood-burning oven.